Summit has some of the most experienced personnel in the environmental industry leading our team. We are confident that we can safely solve your tank cleaning, remediation, and emergency response challenges with innovative solutions and the best workmanship.
Storage Tank Services
Summit’s supervisors work under American Petroleum Institution guidelines when performing the following services:
- Tank and vessel cleaning
- Tank venting
- Floating roof leg pinning
- Valve work (installation, isolation/blinding & removal)
- Waste reduction, disposal & processing
- Sand, water & CO2 blasting
- Hydro cutting and excavation
- Dike construction & maintenance
Emergency Response Services
- Product releases (leaking drums, pipeline failure)
- Inland waterway product containment & recovery (open water support)
- Industrial fire support (selective demo, run-off water collection & treatment)
- Confined space entry & rescue
- Vac truck and VecLoader services (liquid, solids, sludge)
- Product containment, confinement & recovery
- Site remediation and restoration (Excavation/backfill, system installation, etc)
Related Certifications & Training
- American Petroleum Institute – Tank Entry Supervisor
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue
- OSHA Hazwoper Training (40 hours)
- Association of Reciprocal Safety Council (Basic Plus Training)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
On behalf of Sisco Corporation, I would like to thank you for the professional services Summit Environmental provided me during the three alarm fire that destroyed our Evansville branch of operations. As the president and owner of Sisco, I can personally say that what was catastrophic for me is certainly where Summit Environmental shined at providing expert relief.
On August 29, 2001, I received a telephone call that my Evansville operations was on fire. Being that it sits within fifty feet of agricultural chemical tanks I called my general manager and authorized Summit’s help. From that poin on, Summit took control and coordinated everything with the Fire Department Incident Commander, Sheriffs Department, local EPA, the Indiana Department of Environmental Management and local Media.
You provided the heavy equipment to assist the fire fighters in extinguishing the fire in a moment’s notice. Summit provided all the necessary equipment and manpower required to deal with the air monitoring, environmental controls, impacted waterways, and sampling. Your crews were courteous, professional, and knew what to do and when to do it. Truly, I was amazed at the quick arrival of track-hoes and heavy equipment!
At the conclusion of the fire, our insurance company declared the building a total loss. I incorporated Summit’s expertise for the complete demolition of the 120,000 square foot facility including the concrete pad. Summit did an excellent job in a very meticulous manner.
I would highly recommend your company to anyone needing your services. I am grateful that Summit Environmental Services was there to help me during that tragic event and again want to thank you and your company for all of its help.