Summit has some of the most experienced personnel in the environmental industry leading our team. We are confident that we can safely solve your tank cleaning, remediation, and emergency response challenges with innovative solutions and the best workmanship.
Storage Tank Services
Summit’s supervisors work under American Petroleum Institution guidelines when performing the following services:
- Tank and vessel cleaning
- Tank venting
- Floating roof leg pinning
- Valve work (installation, isolation/blinding & removal)
- Waste reduction, disposal & processing
- Sand, water & CO2 blasting
- Hydro cutting and excavation
- Dike construction & maintenance
Emergency Response Services
- Product releases (leaking drums, pipeline failure)
- Inland waterway product containment & recovery (open water support)
- Industrial fire support (selective demo, run-off water collection & treatment)
- Confined space entry & rescue
- Vac truck and VecLoader services (liquid, solids, sludge)
- Product containment, confinement & recovery
- Site remediation and restoration (Excavation/backfill, system installation, etc)
Related Certifications & Training
- American Petroleum Institute – Tank Entry Supervisor
- Confined Space Entry/Rescue
- OSHA Hazwoper Training (40 hours)
- Association of Reciprocal Safety Council (Basic Plus Training)
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)
Toyota Marshalling and Railyard:
Summit Civil Services performed the stone base grading prior to APAC paving. This was one of the best base grading jobs I have seen in my 20 years in the construction business. Summit continually added water to the limestone base during and after grading. APAC performed proof rolling when final grading was done and only found 2 very small isolated spots that moved probably because of bad onsite soil conditions not related to Summit’s work.
The yield on the asphalt paving done by APAC was one of the best I have seen because of Summit cutting the grade within 0” – 3/8” tolerance with GPS systems on dozers and motorgraders.
Summit’s superintendents were very professional and easy to work with. Summit continually stayed ahead of the paving operations causing no delays. APAC was very fortunate to follow behind Summit’s work.
Toyota Test Track: (Ongoing)
Summit Civil Services performed the striping, excavation, pipe laying, rip rap installation, construction of ditches, and aggregate base course. The initial striping process went very smoothly and finished days ahead of schedule. The construction of the ditches/rip rap installation/pipe placement also met the strict tolerances and finished ahead of schedule. Summit met and exceeded the tolerances of cutting the sub grade prior to the soil cementing operations done by APAC. Aggregate base is ongoing and based on Summit’s grading at the Toyota Marshalling Yard site, I don’t envision any problems.
Summit’s supervision and workmanship on this project has been exceptional. APAC is proud to have Summit Civil Services as our subcontractor on this job.
APAC – Mississippi Inc.