When the unexpected happens, highly skilled members of Summit’s Emergency Response Team are on call around the clock for immediate response to any hazardous material emergency.
- Chemical & fuel containment, confinement & recovery
- Confined space entry & rescue
- Fire suppression assistance
- Onsite chemical neutralization
- Onsite water treatment
- Final site remediation and restoration
- Road spills (tanker rollovers, product off-loading, tapping & transfers)
- Train derailments (general service car transferring & repairs, high-pressure car repairs & flaring)
- Industrial releases (leaking drums, pipeline failure)
- Inland waterway product containment & recovery (OSRO contractor)
- Industrial fire support (selective demo, run off water collection & treatment)
Summit’s Response Team is experienced in handling a broad range of hazardous materials including:
- Flammable/combustible materials
- Oxidizing agents
- Poisonous (toxic) substances
- Compressed gasses
On behalf of Sisco Corporation, I would like to thank you for the professional services Summit Environmental provided me during the three alarm fire that destroyed our Evansville branch of operations. As the president and owner of Sisco, I can personally say that what was catastrophic for me is certainly where Summit Environmental shined at providing expert relief.
On August 29, 2001, I received a telephone call that my Evansville operations was on fire. Being that it sits within fifty feet of agricultural chemical tanks I called my general manager and authorized Summit’s help. From that poin on, Summit took control and coordinated everything with the Fire Department Incident Commander, Sheriffs Department, local EPA, the Indiana Department of Environmental Management and local Media.
You provided the heavy equipment to assist the fire fighters in extinguishing the fire in a moment’s notice. Summit provided all the necessary equipment and manpower required to deal with the air monitoring, environmental controls, impacted waterways, and sampling. Your crews were courteous, professional, and knew what to do and when to do it. Truly, I was amazed at the quick arrival of track-hoes and heavy equipment!
At the conclusion of the fire, our insurance company declared the building a total loss. I incorporated Summit’s expertise for the complete demolition of the 120,000 square foot facility including the concrete pad. Summit did an excellent job in a very meticulous manner.
I would highly recommend your company to anyone needing your services. I am grateful that Summit Environmental Services was there to help me during that tragic event and again want to thank you and your company for all of its help.